DO I DRAFT TOM BRADY?
BEAST DOME NATION.
The BEAST DOME Strategy is always adjusting year to year to be ahead of the game. One season we will take Matt Ryan at QB, the next season we will see someone like Tom Brady be our QB. Both QBs were MVP, and this year we have to ask ourselves. Is Tom Brady the QB we want to draft?
When you are picking your QB, you want there to be a lot of positive factors. The more negative factors, the worst off you will likely be with your QB. When looking at Brady, here is where he stands.
- He is the GOAT
- He still has Josh McDaniels as his OC.
After that, the BEAST traits about Tom Brady seem to be overshadowed.
1. The Patriots WR core is weaker than ever. Eric Decker/Kenny Britt were good 4+ Years ago pairing up with Chris Hogan + Gronk for the first 4 Weeks of the season. Not a great start, very weak pass catching core.
2. Julian Edelman is coming off of an ACL injury, still admits he is not 100%. Suspension early on takes Brady’s best weapon away, or at least most reliable.
3. The Patriots are deeper than ever at RB. Jeremy Hill who was a 2nd Round RB in Fantasy Football a couple years ago, is the #4 RB on the Patriots Depth Chart.
4. Tom Brady will be 41 years old. While age is just a number, 40+ is really pushing it.
5. The Patriots lost their blindside tackle in Nate Solder, making that 41 years old thing that much scarier.
6. The Patriots Defense is not that great. Last season whenever the Patriots got in a shootout, they were on the wrong end of it. Including the Super Bowl. Patriots just want to win games and shootouts is not how they can do it.
The Patriots are looking at Playoffs before the season even begins. Throughout the year, the Patriots will be cautious with their legendary QB. If the Patriots have the lead in the 2nd half, they will be running the football and throwing short passes. No longer do the Patriots need Brady to try to break records, they want him to win games and be 100% healthy for the Playoffs.
While there is no doubting Brady’s skill, there is doubting his stat production at 41 years old. The Patriots should be a short passing team which leads to less stats all-around for the Patriots passing attack.
DO NOT DRAFT BRADY IN 2018-19
The BEAST Strategy is like nothing you have ever seen before. From Head to Toe this Strategy is unique and it will give you the winning EDGE to BEAST your League.