FANTASY BASKETBALL: CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES
To pay tribute to the BEAST DOME Fantasy Basketball Season, this article will be written like the Daily Show was from Week #2. Lucky #2, because that is a number to keep in mind if you do not pay close attention to these notes as your opponent can possibly jump you in the last week of the season.
SO LET’S WIN THAT CHAMPIONSHIP!
Remember if you want to talk Fantasy Basketball 24/7, join the BEAST DOME NATION and experience the live chat.
*Post all questions at the bottom of this article, and feel free to answer others. I will give my analysis as well. THIS PAGE WILL BE BUMPED DAILY UNTIL THE SEASON ENDS.
WAIVER WIRE LOOKS: Gerald Henderson, Dorrel Wright, Manny Harris, Avery Bradley, Vince Carter
- Tyreke Evans and Isaiah Thomas will both see a HUGE boost in value if Marcus Thornton misses any time.
- James Harden is trending up quickly with a nice 20 Points off the bench. This is his best streak in sometime.
- Kobe Bryant is going to be just fine with 7/12 shooting, 18 Points. Pau Gasol and Andrew Bynum shoot the ball a combined 19 times. When Kobe was out they both shot more than that amount each.
- Spurs played to win tonight, and that may be the last time you get performances like that from Park,Ginob,T-Dunc.
- Klay Thompson is by far the most trustworhy Warrior to own. Dorrel Wright is reaching his highest value this season.
- Vince Carter is turning into a scoring machine who is averaging 20 Points and 7 Rebounds in his last three.
- Amare came back to have 15 Points and 4 Blocks, in 27 Minutes. All Knicks including Melo see a down arrow next to their name.
- Kyrie Irving came back aggressive and is ready to be must-start. 21 Points on 6/15 shooting. Manny Harris was great with 19 Points and 12 Rebounds in 40 Minutes. Antawn Jamison continues to lose value fast.
- Avery Bradley was great, but this Celtics lineup could bring back KG, Rondo, or Pierce soon which will limit games like this 28 Point, 4 Steal game like tonight. It was nice while it happened, and it could happen again if the big 4 miss time.
- Joe Johnson broke out for 30 Points, 5 Rebounds, 6 Assists. He was overdue for a big game, and tonight it finally came. Jeff Teague is starting to play inconsistent.
- Rudy Gay had a terrible 9 Points after being one of the hottest players in the game. He should bounce back.
- Gerald Henderson is by far the go-to-guy with a huge 32 Points. He is having the best fantasy value he has had all season, and is a nice start and waiver add with the Bobcats having three games next week.
*SPECIAL ARTICLES COMING THIS WEEKEND TO GET YOU READY FOR THE END.
WAIVER WIRE LOOKS: Carl Landry, George Hill, Anthony Randolph, Courtney Lee, Jared Dudley
- Monta Ellis was a bust while Brandon Jennings and Mike Dunleavy went off. I would still keep rolling with Ellis. Ersan sat out which allowed Gooden and Mbah a Moute to have big games. I trust Gooden the most when all three are healthy.
- The whole Pacer starting 5 is startable. Danny Granger consistently leads the team in scoring. David West is starting to pick it up again with his second strong game in less than a week. George Hill is a great option while Collison is out.
- Nikola Pekovic was great with 23 Points and 8 Rebounds. As long as he is in there Anthony Randolph is high risk/high reward. Tonight he paid off. J.J. Barea continues to be a solid fantasy option to close out the season.
- Tayshaun Prince had 18 Points. Greg Monroe, Brandon Knight, and Rodney Stuckey all had less than 10.
- Rip Hamilton was a bust, and Joakim Noah was the only fantasy worthy player with 15 Points and 10 Rebounds. Rough times with no Derrick Rose.
- Lebron and Wade carried the Heat, but Wade only put up 3rd round value. The heat are a risky to team to close the season as they seem to be benching a lot. Chris Bosh missed the game with bumps and bruises.
- Goran Dragic continues to put up solid fantasy numbers, but it was Courtney Lee who is starting to come back from the grave that surprised the most. 15 Points, 3 3PTM. He could be a decent option if there are few games as Kyle Lowry is still a non-factor playing 17 Minutes.
- Jason Smith left with an injury which allowed Carl Landry to break out for 20 Points and 9 Rebounds. He is shooting the ball well. Eric Gordon played and scored 27 Points, you should add him off the waiver wire. Everytime Gordon plays, it knocks the value of Greivis Vasquez just a bit.
- Blake Griffin scores 14 Points in the 1st quarter. Ends up with 16 total. Caron Butler woke up with 17 Points on 8/13 shooting, with that Mo Williams, Randy Foye, and Nick Young lose a bit of fantasy value.
- Marcin Gortat dominates with 14 Points and 14 Rebounds. Jared Dudley is a solid fantasy start when Grant Hill is out.
WAIVER WIRE LOOKS: Glen Davis. Jameer Nelson. Marcus Camby. Kyrie Irving. Rip Hamilton. Jerome Dyson. Vince Carter. James Johnson.
- Andre Iguodala. Is the only 76er I trust in my lineup to close the season. Jrue Holiday went 6/6 from 3PT range but I think that is a fluke more than anything.
- All Cav players are going downhill quickly. Kyrie Irving returned, started played 19 Minutes, went 4/10 from the field, which gave him 9 Points and 4 Assists. He looks to be aggressive to close out the year. I would add him hoping he gives me some value in the last couple of games to close the season.
- The Bucks lost a tough game to Washington. Monta Ellis, Drew Gooden, Brandon Jennings, Ersan Ilysova all got 30+ Minutes and all had excellent fantasy games. I would start all of them with confidence moving forward.
- Jordan Crawford showing why he is the PFBMVP with 32 Points on 11/17 Shooting. He is by far the #1 fantasy option on the Wizards, John Wall is a close #2, and Kevin Seraphin is a decent/inconsistent #3.
- Rip Hamilton has his second 20+ Point performance in a row. I do not expect those results when Derrick Rose is healthy, but you can start him with confidence for now until that happens.
- No Bobcat is a safe option to close out the season. If I had to rank them now: Kemba Walker, Gerald Henderson, Bismack Biyombo would be the only three I would consider.
- James Johnson aka Gerald Wallace 2.0 is quietly turning it on to close out the season. 16 Points. 4.66 Rebounds. 1.66 Steals in his last 3 games. He is shooting an extremely high 19/31= .61%. I do not expect it to last, especially coming off the bench in all three games.
- No Wade or Bosh, and Lebron only puts up 28 Points, 5 Rebounds, 4 Assists. He has to do better than that.
- Brandon Knight & Rodney Stuckey combine for 5 Points. Knight had all 5, and I will not trust either player down the stretch after that. Greg Monroe continues to be the only solid option, and he was okay with 17 Points and 5 Rebounds.
- Ivan Johnson continues to be great with no Zaza Pachulia, 16 Points and 10 Rebounds in 32 Minutes. Last resort type of player.
- Carmelo Anthony, J.R. Smith, Tyson Chandler are the only three Knicks to trust. That could all change when Amare returns on Friday. Watch all players closely in that one.
- Gerald Wallace returned to steal the show from MarShon Brooks, 31 Minutes, 7/14 shooting, 21 Points and there goes any chance of anyone besides Humphries, Wallace, Williams having any fantasy value. Even if Williams sits out, I still look past the Gaines game of 18 Points, 6 Rebounds, 6 Assists. Someone else could have a big night for the Nets out of Morrow, Brooks or Green instead.
- Jerome Dyson played 26+ Minutes off the bench to score 24 Points. He went to the FT line 16 times and made 14 FT attempts. The Hornets would be crazy not to see what he can do in a 30+ Minute start after this one.
- Rudy Gay continues to play the best ball he has all season with 26 Points. Mike Conley is heating up and looking like his vintage self. Marc Gasol is slowly getting by in these games and will not have a big performance against Charlotte as he rests his knee some more.
- Glen Davis and Jameer Nelson are the Magic right now. Both are Must-Own in every league.
- Paul Pierce continues to play like a MVP with 29 Points, 14 Assists, 5 Rebounds. Glad he is on my team in this crucial stretch of the season.
- Marcus Camby is huge with 17 Rebounds and 11 Points. Dalembert got injured as well. Goran Dragic remains vintage.
- Dirk is on fire as he has another 36 Point game. Vince Carter averaging more than 20 a game in his last 2.
- Mo Williams scores 19 Points off the bench with 4 3PTM, could he get his starting role back?
- Danilo Gallinari is going down hill quickly, while Ty Lawson looks to be clutch again as the season comes to an end.
- No Spur is safe with always a chance of less than 30 Minutes or a DNP.
- Isaiah Thomas playing big to close out the season with 21 Points and 8 Assists. DeMarcus Cousins fouled out but had a strong 19 Points and 8 Rebounds before doing so.
- Devin Harris is averaging 23+ and 5+ Assists in his last 3 games. Perfect time for him to be clutch.
- J.J. Hickson 19 Points and 6 Rebounds is the last Blazer to trust now that the team is shutting it down. Matthews came back to life with 21 Points, but he needs to be consistent.
- James Harden out of nowhere scores 40 Points. That is more points than he has scored in the last 3 games combined.
- Jared Dudley scores 21 Points, but Grant Hill did not play.
- Klay Thompson is the last Warrior to trust with 17 Points, 5 Assists, 4 Rebounds. It was good to see him take 22 FG attempts in 43+ Minutes of a blowout.
- Kobe Bryant said he is returning Friday. Pau Gasol goes 22 Points, 11 Rebounds, 11 Assists in a huge 3×2.
WAIVER WIRE LOOKS: Brandon Knight, Nikola Pekovic, Tristan Thompson, J.R. Smith (1 Game), Matt Barnes (1 Game), George Hill
- Tony Parker, Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili. All play real minutes and get their vintage stats. You could probably guess each of them without me putting the numbers, the important thing will see how they all play in the next game on a back-to-back-to-back.
- Andrew Bynum & Pau Gasol. Combined for 31 of the teams 80 FG attempts. Usually you would expect more, but Matt Barnes continues to put up nice lines (16 Points, 6 Rebounds, 4 Assists, 2 3PTM) while Kobe is out who could be back Friday.
- Paul Pierce explodes for an epic 43 Points as the Celtics lose to the Knicks. Pierce fantasy owners will hope he does just as well on a back-to-back for Wednesday, he was definitely MVP of the day.
- J.R. Swish puts up 7 3PTM in the 1st half, finished with 7. Steve Novak has 8 3PTM, and you got yourself a Knicks team that will be stacked with scoring options when Amare returns. He could create a log jam of FG attempts for at least one of the two players.
- Marc Gasol was worthless despite being active when he was listed as doubtful to star the game. (4 Points, 3 Rebounds, 3 Assists, 33 Minutes) for Marc, while Rudy Gay continues his torrid streak with another 28 Point game. Zach Randolph double-doubled off the bench.
- J.J. Barea & Nikola Pekovic. Are the only safe T-Wolve options. Barea will lose value once Ridnour returns, but Pek has no more Kevin Love taking his rebounds. I would keep Pekovic long term.
- Tristan Thompson is the only Cav who does anything with 12 Points, 13 Rebounds. Antawn Jamison goes 0/10 from the field.
- Brandon Knight has now been elite in 3/4 games and had 28 Points with 11/12 shooting. He is a red hot option to close out the season as they build for the future. Greg Monroe is starting to be his vintage self again with another strong double-double and 4 steals.
- Danny Granger continues to lead the Pacers in scoring with 24 Points. Roy Hibbert has back-to-back solid games, while David West falls back to earth.
- Andre Iguodala and Thaddeus Young appear to be the two only 76er options I trust.
WAIVER WIRE LOOKS: Klay Thompson, Kevin Seraphin, MarShon Brooks, Gerald Henderson, Samuel Dalembert, Rip Hamilton
- Jeff Teague (19 Points, 10 Assists, 6 Rebounds, 2 Steals, 2 Blocks) continues to be a vital part of this Hawks team. He could star to close out the season. Ivan Johnson made some noise with (21 Points, 8 Rebounds) off the bench. He could have some value if Zaza Pachulia remains out for an extended time.
- DeMar DeRozan (22 Points) is the only Raptors fantasy option worth playing. No other player on that roster is trustworthy.
- Jrue Holiday (18 Points, 8 Assists, 2 Steals, 2 Blocks) made up for lost time. We shall see if he can put it all together to close out the season. Elton Brand got the start at center but did nothing with it.
- Jameer Nelson, Jason Richardson, J.J. Redick, and Ryan Anderson are all startable fantasy options to close out the season with no Dwight Howard or Glen Davis.
- Greivis Vasquez (2o Points, 6 Assists, 4 Rebounds) was solid with no Eric Gordon or Chris Kaman. Vasquez should be owned in all leagues as he will be a vital part of the Hornets offense to close the season.
- Gerald Henderson stays red hot with 27 Points on 19 FG attempts. Call of the day goes to GoWarriors who wrote this in the live chat last night.
- Back-to-back games of 19 FG attempts, and he could be a savior. Kemba Walker had his opportunity with no D.J. Augustin and failed with 14 Points, and 3 Assists on 6/16 shooting. He should be owned as well.
- J.J. Barea continues to get his assists with 9. So far Ridnour is not close to returning which gives J.J. the green-light for now.
- David West woke up from the grave with a 22 Point, 10 Rebound game. It would be amazing to see him repeat that feat again. Especially on a night where Roy Hibbert, Danny Granger, and Paul George were all solid fantasy options.
- Chris Bosh and Lebron James dominate with no Dwayne Wade. No surprise there, but Chris Bosh starting at center is.
- MarShon Brooks has a big game with 24 Points, 7 Rebounds, and 6 Assists. He is worth the add if Deron Williams continues to miss games. Kris Humphries stays a 20-10 machine like he has all season.
- Al Harrington continues to play 25+ Minutes on one knee, which will limit the value of Danilo Gallinari, and Kenneth Faried. For now Gallo is the safest option of the three. Ty Lawson turns it on, but Andre Miller is solid as well with 13 Assists off the bench.
- Samuel Dalembert blocks 7 shots with no Marcus Camby. The Rockets have 5 games in this week alone, if Camby misses time add Dalembert. Goran Dragic is completely fine and will be the starting PG the rest of the way despite Kyle Lowry returning.
- Kevin Seraphin (21 Points, 13 Rebounds, 5 Blocks, 1 Steal) is playing like a BEAST with no Booker and Nene. He should be depended on when that situation occurs.
- Rip Hamilton is starting to shape up in form just in time to close out the season. 22 Points, 5 Rebounds, 5 Assists, 9/20 shooting. If Derrick Rose and Luol Deng continue to miss time. Rip should be a nice add.
- Dirk Nowtizki comes up big for his owners with 40 Points, 9 Rebounds, 6 Assists. Big time performance.
- Al Jefferson is a monster with 28 Points, 26 Rebounds, 2 Blocks. He single handily gave his owners a huge lead in the Rebounds department to start the week.
- J.J. Hickson showing flashes of last season in Cleveland with another strong 22 Point, 8 Rebound game. The Blazers are going with weak lineups, which favors Hickson for big games.
- Shannon Brown and Jared Dudley are fine starts if Grant Hill misses games. But it looks like he will come back soon now that the Suns are fighting for a playoff spot.
- No Spurs player is safe to close out the season. I would not trust any of them.
- Klay Thompson explodes for 29 Points, 5 Assists, 8 Rebounds. He is going to be the #1 scoring option every night and is a must-add. Dorrell Wright is also going to get his minutes now that David Lee is done. He is a great 3PTM specialist.
- Russell Westbrook reminds us of his early season woes with 9 Points, 3 Rebounds, 3 Assists. I know this article is old school from week #2, but the performance’s do not have to be also.
- Nick Young scores 19 Points off the bench for the Clippers to put an end to Caron Butler, Randy Foye, and Mo Williams. They will all be playing less than 30 Minutes a game.