FANTASY BASEBALL: Daily Starting Pitchers (April 9th)
Last week I was not the bad picking pitchers. I picked the first three days perfect on who is going to get a save. I had a winning record for the Start’em and Bench’em categories. Even a winning record for my sleepers. So now it is time for Week #2, & Day #1.
Feel free to ask questions at the bottom of every article, and if you want to talk Fantasy Sports 24/7 Join out FREE CHAT.
Sleeper(s) of the Day:
*A QS or W= Win
*A Bad Start or Loss= Loss
Ivan Nova @ Bal- Baltimore did well against Minnesota, and Ivan Nova had a very rough spring. With that being said, the Yankees are no Twins, and Ivan Nova should be ready for a huge season. Start Nova in this matchup.
Guess That Save of the Day:
Longest Streak= 3W. Current Streak= 1L.
Craig Kimbrel @ Hou
*Anything but a Win, is a loss for my record.
1. C.J. Wilson @ Min- C.J. has been the ace of the Angels over Spring Training, and now faces off against a team that Jake Arrieta looked godly against. Start C.J. who should easily get win #1.
*A QS or W= Win
*A Bad Start or Loss= Loss
2. Brandon Beachy @ Hou- Beachy is a K machine, and the Astros do not have a lot of power in that lineup outside of Carlos Lee. Beachy should do his thing and dominate a weak Astros offense.
3. Yu Darvish vs. Sea- Yu makes his debut at home against Seattle. The whole world is expecting a win, but Seattle has actually been pretty hot with the bat as of late. I think Darvish should win, but I would not be surprised if I saw the Mariners go all out.
4. Cole Hamels vs. Mia- Hamels is a solid pitcher who should have a solid season. However the Phillies offense has been very weak, as exhibited by their lack of scoring runs for Cliff Lee, and Roy Halladay who both threw elite starts. Only Halladay barely got the win.
5. Shaun Marcum @ CHI-NL- The Cubs are not the greatest team, and their bullpen is terrible. With that being said, Marcum had a rough spring and may not be 100% in this one. However the Brewers should dominate the Cubs who have Chris Volstad on the mound. That matchup does not sound scary at all.
*A QS or ND = Win.
*A Loss or Bad Start = A loss.
6. Chris Sale @ Cle- Sale has the potential to make a lot of noise this season. He qualifies at relief, and this is a great start for him to get things going. However the White Sox offense is no lock to score runs off of Cleveland. I do expect a QS at the least.
7. Mike Pelfry vs. Was- Chicago pitching was able to man handle Washington all series. The Bullpen however was awful. With that being said, Pelfrey should do a nice job of handling a less than 100% Nationals team who look to be without Mike Morse in this one.
8. Jhoulys Chacin vs. SF- Chacin is supposed to be everyone’s favorite sleeper pick this season. He better start out strong against Barry Zito who will allow damage to the Rockies. Chacin had a rough spring, and it is important for him to start strong.
9. Jake Westbrook @ Cin- He has the hitting behind him to get the victory. The question is, will he pitch well enough to earn it. Cincy has decent hitting all-around right now, and chances are Westbrook will have a tough time making it into the 7th INN.
10. Anibal Sanchez @ Phi- The Phillies have no offense right now, but Sanchez is not the most reliable pitcher. On top of that he is facing Cole Hamels. You should start him regardless, but the chances of a win are..50/50.
11. Homer Bailey vs. STL- STL is one of the hottest hitting teams in baseball, and this start is very important to Bailey as Chapman is licking his lips ready to enter the rotation. I would not trust Bailey in this start, but if I had to throw someone out there then is where he would be ranked.
12. Edwin Jackson @ NYM- The Mets are hitting the ball pretty nicely of late, and Edwin Jackson had a terrible spring. If Edwin starts slow, there is no chance he has a good game.
13. Tom Milone vs. KC- Milone could be a nice sleeper at some point this season, and it is vital he beats the Royals who are playing very hot right now after winning the series against the Angels in Anaheim. A win is not likely, but facing Luis Mendoza helps his chances.
14. Henderson Alvarez vs. Bos- Not an easy way to make a season debut against Boston. If Henderson Alvarez has a good start in this one, everyone will be all over him on the waiver wire. The start is tough, but you can always believe in miracles.
15. Felix Doubront @ Tor- Tough to count on Felix in Toronto against a team has as good of hitting as Boston, if not better. The only reason to start him is to hope that the Sox give him so much run support, that he can escape with the Win regardless of throwing 5 mediocre Innings.
*A Loss for the SP=a win for my record.
*A Win for the SP= a loss for my record.
*IF NO WIN/LOSS=QS is a Loss for my record. Bad Start is a Win for my record.
16. Brian Matusz vs. NYY- The great times in Baltimore should come to an end as Matusz faces off against the Bronx Bombers. I would pass on this matchup.
17. Luis Mendoza @ Oak- KC has a bit of offensive power going right now, I would probably not feel good about using Mendoza as he has very little fantasy history if any at all. Oakland should be able to small-ball him to no extreme.
18. Josh Tomlin vs. CWS- Tomlin has a chance to have a solid season, and he could possibly win this start. However I will wait for him to get some momentum going in the regular season before he is considered a 50/50 option.
19. Barry Zito @ Col- Zito always seems to surprise us when we count him out. The Rockies do have a solid offense, and the game is in Coors. I would stay away from Zito in this start.
20. Chris Volstad vs. Mil- Volstad has a decent track history, but I do not like his chances against a solid Brewer team. The Cubs bullpen has to be the worst as well, next to Boston of course.
21. Nick Blackburn vs. LAA- The Twins looked terrible against the Orioles, and the Angels are the Orioles on steroids. Blackburn needs a solid victory to give the Twins hope, I do not see it happening.
22. JA Happ vs. ATL- Happ has a long ways to go before earning my trust. His offense will not help him out as well, which makes him a very benchable option.
23. Hector Noesi @ Tex- A pitcher that nobody thought about drafting. Against the Rangers in Texas. I will pass.