Daily Pitcher Rankings (April 23rd)
Week 3 Recap:
Not a bad week at all picking pitchers and hitters.
My hitters of the week hit over .300 with 4 HRs, 9 RBIs, and a SB. Picking Granderson on day where he hit 3 HRs helped.
My Locks of course had a losing record. It is a curse if I give the pitcher the green light.
My Start’em picks were nearly flawless at 26-4.
50/50’s were of course mostly QS or Ws.
And just like my Locks were bad, my Bench’em was mediocre at 18-11.
And of course..Philip Humber was my sleeper of the day on his Perfect game.
New Week..It’s go time.
(All Records are for the week)
HITTER PICK OF THE DAY:
Mike Moustakas vs. Tor – Moustakas is red hot with a 3 Hit game, and a HR game in 2 of his last 3. Morrow is the type of pitcher who does not have perfect control, and could give up a bomb to Mike.
Sleeper of the Day:
*A QS or W= Win
*A Bad Start or Loss= Loss
Jair Jurrjens @ LAD – Jair is overdue for a good game, and the Braves offense is hot. If Jurrjens can limit Matt Kemp and Andre Ethier, a huge night is in his future.
Guess That Save of the Day:
Longest Streak= 3W. Current Streak= 1W.
Francisco Cordero @ KC – I expect Chen to keep the score close enough where Cordero will have to come in and save the game. Twice in two days.
*Anything but a Win, is a loss for my record.
1. Zack Greinke vs. Hou – Greinke owners are licking their chops at this matchup. He can easily set season highs in this one.
2. Jon Lester @ Min – Great matchup to bounce back with after getting shelled by Texas. The Red Sox need a W, and Lester should get the job done.
*A QS or W= Win
*A Bad Start or Loss= Loss
3. Madison Bumgarner @ NYM – Bum is going to be really special this year in fantasy. This matchup against the Mets should further solidify that.
4. Tim Lincecum @ NYM – If Lincecum is going to get going anytime soon, a matchup against the Mets is what the doctor ordered. I like him to get back to 10 K mode.
5. Brandon Morrow @ KC – Morrow is pitching the best he ever has in his career. The Royals offense is not very hot outside of Moustakas. He should pull off the W in this one.
6. Jamie Garcia @ CHC – Garcia has a great start against a weak Cubs offense. He should dominate their lineup.
7. Jake Peavy @ Oak – If Peavy wants to prove he is going to be a great fantasy option, beating the Athletics is a MUST.
*A QS or ND = Win.
*A Loss or Bad Start = A loss.
8. Dillon Gee vs. SF – Gee will standout in this start. He just has a tough matchup against Bumgarner which does not bode well in his favor.
9. Derek Holland vs. NYY – Holland is pitching hot like he did last season. If he can slow down a Yankee lineup his stock value will rise quickly.
10. CC Sabathia @ Tex – Tough start to the season for CC, and a tough start for Monday. The Rangers offense may tee off on him, either way he is too hard to bench.
11. Matt Garza vs. Stl – Not an easy matchup, but this is why you got Garza. So he can pitch in big games and gives you big performances. This is his ultimate early season test.
12. Bruce Chen vs. Tor – Chen is a legit starter, he can very well limit this Jays offense but chances are not great. Everyone is heating up in that offense.
13. Kevin Correia vs. Col – Correia has the ERA to throw a good one, it just depends what his offense gives him in return.
14. Bartolo Colon vs. CWS – I am not a Colon believer this season, but he could definitely throw a QS against a White Sox team that is not the most consistent.
15. Chris Capuano vs. Atl – Capuano has the stuff to win this game, it just depends what Capuano we see. The Braves are carrying a hot offense into this game.
16. Jamie Moyer @ Pit – The ageless wonder gets another easy matchup against the Pirates. No guarntee either way.
17. Lucas Harrell @ Mil – Still not a huge Harrell believer, but a good start against the Brewers will put him at low-end starter status.
18. Kyle Kendrick @ AZ – Kendrick should be able to keep this a low scoring game. It will be up to his offense to get him the W.
19. Wade Miley vs. Phi – Miley has a chance to do something in this start because the Phillies offense has been weak. I still like him to lose this game as the D-Backs offense has been worse.
*A Loss for the SP=a win for my record.
*A Win for the SP= a loss for my record.
*IF NO WIN/LOSS=QS is a Loss for my record. Bad Start is a Win for my record.
20. Jason Marquis vs. Bos – Marquis surprised the fantasy baseball world in his last start beating the Yankees. Now he gets Boston at home, I doubt he will be as fortunate.
21. Miguel Batista vs. SF – If you ever consider starting Batista, then you must be living in 2003.