Daily Pitcher Rankings (April 21th)
Don’t Forget to check the Weekly Articles:
J.P. Arencibia keeps my great hitter streak alive, Jonathan Papelbon puts me on a two game save streak. My Start’em Picks go 5-0.
Don’t forget to check out the all the great articles Beast Dome is offering this Sunday.
Feel free to ask questions at the bottom of every article, and if you want to talk Fantasy Sports 24/7 Join THE BEAST DOME NATION & FREE CHAT.
(All Records are for the week)
HR PICK OF THE DAY: (3-2) 8-20, 4 HR, 8 RBIs, 6 Ks
Sleeper of the Day: (3-2) 29.2 INN. 14 ER. 16 K (ERA 4.31)
*A QS or W= Win
*A Bad Start or Loss= Loss
Philip Humber @ Sea – Humber comes into this matchup after a stellar start against the Orioles. Seattle has no hot hitters right now outside of potentially Jesus Montero, and the White Sox offense is firing on all cylinders. The only thing that can prevent a W for Humber is a perfect pitching performance from Blake Beaven.
Guess That Save of the Day: (2-3)
Longest Streak= 3W. Current Streak= 2W.
Jason Motte @ SD
*Anything but a Win, is a loss for my record.
1. Clayton Kershaw @ Hou – Kershaw is bound to get his first W against the Astros. In fact if the Astros score more than 1 run I would be shocked. This is as easy as it will get for Clayton.
2. Roy Halladay @ SD – Haladay @ SD..how did the fantasy baseball gods orchestrate this dream matchup so early in the season
3. James Shields vs. Min – If momentum means anything, Shields could easily throw a CS shutout against a Twins team that is starting to cool down quick. In Shields last performance, he held Boston to 0 ER in 8.1 INN.
*A QS or W= Win
*A Bad Start or Loss= Loss
4. Jered Weaver vs. Bal – Fantasy owners who have Weaver already counted this game as a W in their books.
5. Tommy Hanson @ AZ – The D-Backs are struggling mightily right now. Young and Upton are injured, and nobody else is hitting close to their potential. On the other hand the Atlanta offense is red hot.
6. Justin Verlander vs. Tex – As hot and dominant as Texas is, this will be the real test to see if Verlander is matchup proof. My guess says he is.
7. Jake Westbrook @ Pit – An ERA under 1.00 and now faces the Pirates. Jake should keep the good times rolling with how hot the Cardinals offense is.
8. Brandon McCarthy vs. Cle – McCarthy is always good for a QS against a team like Cleveland. If Oakland gives Brandon some run support, we should see the W.
*A QS or ND = Win.
*A Loss or Bad Start = A loss.
9. Corey Lubeke vs. Phi – This should be a guarnteed QS, but a W against Halladay is far from likely.
10. Neftali Feliz @ Det – Good test to see how matchup proof Feliz is in Detroit against Justin Verlander.
11. Blake Beaven vs. CWS – Here is a matchup Beaven can show how much fantasy value he actually has.
12. Kevin Correia vs. STL – ERA is great, but pitching against St.Louis, not so great. If he can manage to hold the Cardinals under 4 runs, he had a great start.
13. Jake Arrieta @ LAA – Hot pitcher going up against Jered Weaver. Not a guaranteed W, but the Angels are hitting the ball like a minor league team right now.
14. Joe Saunders vs. ATL – Saunders is pitching amazing, and this start here will prove how little value he has. The D-Backs will also find it hard to produce offense with the way they are hitting.
15. Drew Pomeranz @ Mil – I would not trust Drew in this start, but he should be able to bring some extra value to his name after this one is done.
*A Loss for the SP=a win for my record.
*A Win for the SP= a loss for my record.
*IF NO WIN/LOSS=QS is a Loss for my record. Bad Start is a Win for my record.
16. Daniel Hutchinson @ KC – Real sleeper of the day, if he was not facing Mendoza this would be an easy W.
17. Felix Doubront vs. NYY- Could get the W, but I would not want to risk my ERA in this matchup.
18. Luis Mendoza vs. Tor – Pitching well, but pitching against Toronto is another story.
19. Kyle Weiland vs. LAD – Against Kershaw, ya right.
20. Jeanmar Gomez @ Oak – Even against Oakland, I would not start a pitcher named Jeanmar.
21. Freddy Garcia @ Bos – Do not trust Freddy Garcia against the Twins, so why trust him against the Red Sox.
22. Carl Pavano @ TB – Pavano was lucky to beat the Yankees, lightning does not strike twice.
23. Matt Estrada vs. Col – You could get lucky, but why risk it.