FANTASY BASEBALL: Daily Pitcher Rankings (April 18th)
Don’t Forget to check the Weekly Articles:
After being a terrible (4-10) in locks last week. I start the week out at 3-0. Things are looking good.
Don’t forget to check out the all the great articles Beast Dome is offering this Sunday.
Feel free to ask questions at the bottom of every article, and if you want to talk Fantasy Sports 24/7 Join THE BEAST DOME NATION & FREE CHAT.
(All Records are for the week)
HR PICK OF THE DAY: (0-2) 0-8, 5 Ks
Hanley Ramirez vs. CHC
Sleeper of the Day: (1-1) 13 INN. 6 ER. 5 K (4.13 ERA)
*A QS or W= Win
*A Bad Start or Loss= Loss
Derek Lowe @ Sea – On the season Lowe is 2-0 with an ERA under 2.00. With my weekly ERA above 4.00 thanks to Jeremy Guthrie who gave up all 6 ER, I am going to count on Lowe to lower my ERA into the 3.00 range. Seattle is not a threat, and I do not expect him to let me down.
Guess That Save of the Day: (0-2)
Longest Streak= 3W. Current Streak= 5L.
Jonathan Papelbon @ SF
*Anything but a Win, is a loss for my record.
1. Hiroki Kuroda vs. Min– It’s the Twins. Are they really going to win a series against the Yankees in NY? Kuroda will make sure that does not happen.
2. Zack Greinke vs. LAD – The Dodgers offense is good in the front half, and lousy in the back half of the order. I would not be surprised to see Greinke dominate after Gallardo shut them down yesterday for the most part.
3. Max Scherzer vs. KC – Scherzer is coming off of his best starting against the White Sox, and now faces a Royals team that is struggling to get any offense going.
*A QS or W= Win
*A Bad Start or Loss= Loss
4. Jordan Zimmerman vs. Hou- Strasburg, Gonzalez, and now Zimmerman should complete the triangle of dominating one team. Houston is on it’s heels.
5. Daniel Hudson vs. Pit – McCutchen needs to teach the Pirates how to hit the ball, Garrett Jones had a breakout game last night and if he does not do it again, no way the Pirates win.
6. Cliff Lee @ SF – Pitcher duel time with Lee @ Cain. Both should be elite as both offenses are soft.
7. Matt Cain vs. Phi – Pitcher duel time with Cain vs. Lee. Both should be elite as both offenses are soft.
*A QS or ND = Win.
*A Loss or Bad Start = A loss.
*Analysis will be updated in the afternoon.
8. David Price @ Tor – Price should bounce back for a nice start in this one. Though Toronto is swinging a hot bat, so I would not bet the house on it.
9. Ervin Santana vs. Oak – If there is a game where Santana finally settles down and starts being him, this should be it against Oakland.
10. Brandon Morrow vs. TB – Morrow has looked outstanding this year, and solidifying that statement against TB would go long ways for his value.
11. Matt Garza @ Mia – Garza should be able to beat Buehrle, but it all depends on how much run support he gets. A QS is more than expected.
12. Derek Holland @ Bos – Holland could go a long way in building a name for himself if he beats the Red Sox in Boston. This is more than possible.
13. Jamie Garcia vs. Cin – Garcia needs to get his A game going, and facing the Reds for the 2nd time will not help that case. We want to see 9 Ks, I still expect him to get the W.
14. Clayton Richard @ Col – The Rockies are not a threatening offense w/o CarGO in that lineup who continues to be as weak as a kid by missing games with a strepped throat.
15. Jake Peavy vs. Bal – Peavy has got it going on like a brand new Brittney Spears song. Will it last, or just stay on the radio for a few weeks before we forgot she existed.
16. Mat Latos @ Stl – Will the real Mat Latos please stand up? Will the real Mat Latos please stand up? After this game: we may have a problem here.
17. Jason Vargas vs. Cle – Vargas goes up against the sleeper of the day. I hope he gets rocked, but he does have the capabilities of throwing a solid gem. Cleveland is hitting the ball well however, and I would be hesitant to use him.
18. R.A. Dickey @ Atl – Got rocked.
19. Juan Nicaso vs. SD – One Maca, Two Maca, Three Macarena. Juan Nicaso you better beat San Diego, or else you are close to waiver wire material. Heyyyyy Juan Nicaso.
20. Mark Buehrle vs. CHC – Buehrle against the Cubs all seems too epic. However now that he is with the Marlins the stage does not feel the same. Going up against Garza will not be easy, but Hanley Ramirez could carry them.
21. James McDonald @ AZ – James McDonald has a Farm. K.K.K.K.K. And on that farm he faces the D-Backs. Watch out for that high ERA. If he can get some run support here, or some run support there, he has a chance for a sleeper W.
22. Josh Beckett vs. Tex – Beckett needs to win this one for the Red Sox Nation, it will not be easy. Especially after Lester gave up 7 ER in 2 INN.
23. Jair Jurrjens vs. NYM – Now you can see why I ranked him so low.
24. Chris Capuano @ Mil – Capuano against his former team seems like a go od matchup, but with Zack Greinke facing him on the other side of the mound. A win is unlikely.
25. Lucas Harrell @ Was – Harrell could be one of those early season flukes, and if he beats Washington and Jordan Zimmerman. Then we will look at him closer.
*A Loss for the SP=a win for my record.
*A Win for the SP= a loss for my record.
*IF NO WIN/LOSS=QS is a Loss for my record. Bad Start is a Win for my record.
26. Tommy Hunter @ CWS – Is not Hunting season in Chicago. I expect the White Sox to win this game.
27. Bartolo Colon @ LAA – Colon has surprised us before, but I do not expect it against the Angels.
28. Jason Marquis @ NYY – If Jason Marquis beats the Yankees in NY, I will make him the cover man of the daily article for tonight.
29. Jonathan Sanchez vs. Det – He is wild, he is inconsistent. He is Jonathan Sanchez, and he faces the Tigers which means problems.