FANTASY BASEBALL: BEASTS OF WEEK 22
BEAST DOME NATION.
Another week as some of us are at the playoffs. If you see a player on this list, and you are playing a cold hitter. I would make the move. Feel free to ask questions on the bottom.
*Pitcher Rankings coming at 1:00PM pacific.
Use this article for:
1) Hottest Hitters. (Helps with lineup decisions/Free Agent Plug-In Options)
Each week I will start off with all the hot hitters, based off of how I have seen the player play over this past week. If you look at the stats of each player, you will see the potential I see. This is good tool for that tough lineup dilemma, or a possible plug-in-play for your fantasy team off the waiver wire.
2) Hottest Hitting Teams. (Helps with Pitching match-ups)
After I rank the hottest hitters by position, I then do the power-rankings of the hottest teams. You should use that tool to figure out which pitchers to use in this upcoming week.
3) Two Start Sleepers. (If you are looking for a Big Time Sleeper)
In weekly leagues the advantage of having a pitcher pitch twice could give you an extra Win, more K’s, and possibly a lower ERA and WHIP if he gets the job done. I will only list two start pitchers I would consider putting in my weekly lineup.
4) Power Schedule. (Teams that have very favorable offensive matchups with pitchers and ballparks)
Have a tough lineup decision to make. This section breaks down a few possible breakout candidates.
BEASTS OF (21) Who are ready for Week (22)
*Ranked in order.
JOHN MAYBERRY JR.
MAURO GOMEZ (ADRIAN GONZALEZ REPLACEMENT)
HOTTEST HITTING TEAMS ENTERING WEEK 22
*Number in “(#)” is their ranking from week 21.
1 (4). Texas Rangers
4 (12). Los Angeles Dodgers
3 (2). New York Yankees
4 (11). St. Louis Cardinals
5 (3). Los Angeles Angels
6 (6). Cincinnati Reds
7 (9). Chicago White Sox
8 (13). Kansas City Royals
9 (7). Detroit Tigers
10 (14). Miami Marlins
11 (1). Tampa Bay Rays
12 (10). Washington Nationals
13 (5). Oakland Athletics
14 (15). Arizona Diamondbacks
15 (20). Atlanta Braves
16 (18). Milwaukee Brewers
17 (19). Boston Red Sox
18 (8). Baltimore Orioles
19 (16). San Francisco Giants
20 (22). Minnesota Twins
21 (17). Colorado Rockies
22 (23). Pittsburgh Pirates
23 (21). Philadelphia Phillies
24 (24). San Diego Padres
25 (26). Seattle Mariners
26 (25). Cleveland Indians
27 (27). Chicago Cubs
28 (29). New York Mets
29 (30). Houston Astros
30 (28). Toronto Blue Jays
TWO START SLEEPERS (Week 22)
*NEW.NEW.NEW. Only listed are pitchers that are not owned in every league, that I would consider putting in my lineup.
1. DEREK HOLLAND (VS. TB, @ CLE)
2. BRETT ANDERSON (@ CLE, VS. BOS)
3. PAUL MAHOLM (@ SD, VS. PHI)
4. MARCO ESTRADA (@ CHC, VS. PIT)
5. SCOTT DIAMOND ( @ SEA, @ KC)
6. FRANSISCO LIRIANO (@BAL, @ DET)
POWER SCHEDULE (Week 22)
*NEW.NEW. This is great to determine those tough lineup decisions by looking at the most favorable schedules.
1. Los Angeles Dodgers (@ COL, VS. ARI)
2. New York Yankees (VS. TOR, VS. BAL)
3. Texas Rangers (VS. TB, @ CLE)
4. Colorado Rockies (VS. LAD, VS. SD)
5. Kansas City Royals (@BOS, VS. MIN)
6. San Diego Padres (VS. ATL, @ COL)
7. San Francisco Giants (@ HOU, @ CHC)
8. Milwaukee Brewers (@ CHC, VS. PIT)
9. Baltimore Orioles (VS. CWS, @ NYY)
Muntradamus is a Fantasy Sports Expert who specializes in Fantasy Football/Baseball/Basketball. He is currently in his first season as a Pro on FantasyPros where he is the only expert to have Adam Dunn, Mike Aviles, and Wilin Rosario in his top 20 at each position. Muntradamus not only leads many to championships with his great advice, and outlooks into the future. He is also consistently on the top of leaderboards in DraftStreet.