FANTASY BASEBALL: Daily Starting Pitchers (April 10th)
Epic Monday where I went 20-4 in picking pitchers correctly. Let us see if I can continue my success with Dillion Gee as my Sleeper, and Jason Motte to snap me out of my two game, “Not Picking the right Closer” streak.
Feel free to ask questions at the bottom of every article, and if you want to talk Fantasy Sports 24/7 Join out FREE CHAT.
(All Records are for the week)
Sleeper(s) of the Day: (1-0) 7 INN. 7 Ks. 1 ER. 1 Win.
*A QS or W= Win
*A Bad Start or Loss= Loss
Dillon Gee vs. Was- Washington has very little offense this season, and chances are Ross Detwiller is not going to be lights out to keep this in a low-scoring game. Dillion Gee just has to go out there, rack up 6 solid INN, and he should come away victorious.
Guess That Save of the Day: (0-1)
Longest Streak= 3W. Current Streak= 2L.
Jason Motte @ Cin
*Anything but a Win, is a loss for my record.
1. Clayton Kershaw vs. Pit- Kershaw would have been 1-0 if he did not have to leave the game in SD with flu like symptoms. Kershaw should dominate the Pirates lineup in the home opener for the Dodgers.
2. Tommy Hanson @ Hou- Atlanta still does have a victory, but Tommy Hanson for Kyle Weiland sounds like a close to guaranteed win. I will take my chances that the Braves can score 3 runs which will lock the game up for Hanson and company.
3. Neftali Feliz vs. Sea- The Rangers offense is too hot right now, and Seattle has Blake Beaven on the mound. Essentially, Neftali just does not have to screw up and he will walk into a win with his eyes closed. The Spring was not that kind to Feliz, but he should be sharp in his debut as a starter.
*A QS or W= Win
*A Bad Start or Loss= Loss
4. Kyle Lohse @ Cin- If Lohse wants to prove he is for real, then he will dominate a not so-easy Reds lineup and be the first pitcher to move to 2-0. It is very possible as Lohse has been the king of early season starts.
*A QS or ND = Win.
*A Loss or Bad Start = A loss.
5. Edinson Volquez vs. AZ- Volquez should be able to rack up solid K numbers in this game. The only question for him remains, will his offense give him some run support? Nothing is guaranteed, that is why he is 50/50. But I expect that QS.
6. Phil Humber @ Cle- Cleveland is not much of a threat on the offensive end, and Jenmar Gomez is starting on the mound for the Indians. If Humber can continue the success he had last season, this should be a solid victory.
7. Trevor Cahill @ SD- Cahill has a very easy opportunity to start out 1-0. The Padres do not have much of an offense, and usually pitchers do well who go from the AL to the NL. This should be a solid QS for Cahill, the only thing that remains in his way is Volquez making it a pitching duel.
8. Matt Moore vs. Det- Moore is going to be a solid starter this season. However facing a Tigers lineup that may be the best offense in baseball is no easy task. There is a chance he gets the W, but there is a better chance he ends up with a ND as the D-Rays Bullpen is no lock to keep this game together for him.
9. Ricky Porcello @ TB- Porcello is going to have a solid year picking up a lot of wins just because he pitches for the Tigers. This is not an easy start, and I expect his ERA to be north of 4.00 once the game is over. However pitching for the Tigers always gives you a 50/50 chance of getting the win.
10. Daniel Bard @ Tor- Bard’s start is big for many reasons. One, if he pitches well everyone will want to pick him up. Two, if he pitches terribly, there is a chance he moves back to the bullpen to sure things up. This is not an easy start against Toronto, either way Bard owners should be fine in the long run with whatever happens in this game. He could end up with the W, simply because he pitches for Boston.
11. Danny Duffy @ Oak- If there was ever a favorable game to debut this season for Duffy, against the A’s is the way to do it. Oakland does not have much offense, and KC should be able to put up some runs against Godfrey. It would not be the most surprising thing to see the Royals prized possession start out 1-0.
12. Chris Narveson vs. Cubs- Narveson was a big sleeper going into last season, but this year he was overlooked. There is probably good reason for that, and the only reason he is at 50/50 for this game is because of his matchup against the Cubs. If he pitches well he should get a win, but that is far from guaranteed.
13. Mike Leake vs. Stl- Leake has a tough matchup against the Cardinals, and he did not have a good Spring. He probably should not even be on 50/50, but I will give him his chance since he was very solid for a good part of the 2nd half last season. If he falters in this one, it is another door opening up for Aroldis Chapman to become a starter.
14. Freddy Garcia @ Bal- Garcia is usually not a dependable pitcher, but against the Orioles he has a solid chance to get the Win. If Garcia can make it pass 6 INN without giving up more than 5 runs, a win should be expected.
*A Loss for the SP=a win for my record.
*A Win for the SP= a loss for my record.
*IF NO WIN/LOSS=QS is a Loss for my record. Bad Start is a Win for my record.
15. Kyle Drabek vs. Bos- If Drabek has a solid start against the Red Sox, his value will climb high very quickly. Right now you can expect him to be on the wrong end of this game.
16. Kevin Correia @ LAD- Correia has a solid chance to have a good ERA in this one. The problem is he is facing Clayton Kershaw, and one bad INN against Kershaw and you have no chance of getting a Win. Especially when you pitch for the Pirates.
17. Paul Maholm vs. Mil- Maholm does have a small chance to get the victory in this one. However a QS is not something you should expect from him, especially against the Brewers. I am going to leave him on the bench in all leagues, if he is even owned to begin with.
18. Ross Detwiller @ NYM- I do not trust Ross in this start against a team that is 4-0. Leave him on the benches.
19. Wei-Yen Chen vs. NYY- Not an easy way to debut against the Yankees. If Chen wants to make the headlines, beat NY in your first start. He does have two things going for him, Home Field & Freddy Garcia on the mound against him.
20. Blake Beaven @ Tex- Never trust a Seattle pitcher against Texas that is not named Felix Hernandez. In fact, Felix Hernandez is maybe the only Seattle pitcher to trust.
21. Graham Godfrey vs. KC- Godfrey faces a KC team that does have some potential to score runs. I would not trust him in this start to get a W, or have a quality start. For that reason, Bench him.
22. Kyle Weiland vs. Atl- No reason to even consider him in fantasy leagues.
23. Jeanmar Gomez vs. CWS- No reason to even consider him in fantasy leagues.