Daily Pitcher Rankings (April 24th)
Starting out the week hot going 5-0 with my start’em picks.
Going 1-0 with my closer of the day, and hitter of the day.
Let us not forget the 2-0 for Bench’ems.
I am also going to limit myself to only one Lock per day as I have been jinxing too many pitchers.
(All Records are for the week)
SLEEPER HITTER PICK OF THE DAY: (1-0) 2-4, 2B
Cody Ross @ Min– When Ross is hot, you got to ride him out. Remember what he did with the Giants during their World Series run…
Monday: Mike Moustakas vs. Tor – (2-4) 2B
Sleeper of the Day: (0-1) 3 INN. 5 ER. O Ks.
*A QS or W= Win
*A Bad Start or Loss= Loss
Bud Norris @ Mil – Ryan Braun is heating up. Besides that, the Brewers offense is not doing much, and the Astros offense is surprisingly very hot. I would not be surprised to see Norris go into Milwaukee and steal one.
Monday: Jair Jurrjens @ LAD – 3 INN. 5 ER. O Ks
Guess That Save of the Day: (1-0)
Longest Streak= 3W. Current Streak= 2W.
Henry Rodriguez @ SD – Gio will outpitch Richard, which in return will lead to a H-Rod save. Keep my two game streak alive.
Francisco Cordero @ KC (S) – I expect Chen to keep the score close enough where Cordero will have to come in and save the game. Twice in two days.
*Anything but a Win, is a loss for my record.
Josh Beckett @ Min – I really hope I do not jinx Beckett since he has been pitching amazing since his opening day disaster. I expect him to get right back on track with a solid start against a Twins team with no hot hitters outside of Doumit. It also helps the Red Sox are facing Nick Blackburn and his ERA north of 5.00.
*A QS or W= Win
*A Bad Start or Loss= Loss
1. Gio Gonzalez @ SD – Gio is dominating and now faces the weakest lineup in the NL. If Gio continues to do what he is supposed to do, this will be money in the bag.
2. Max Scherzer vs. Sea – Scherzer is back to pitching well after his terrible debut. The Mariners are an easy squad as nobody is truly hot. If he can limit Ichiro and Jesus Montero, it will be money in the bag for Scherzer.
3. Matt Cain @ Cin – Cain is one of the hottest pitchers in the bigs right now. His run support may not be there, but it does help he is facing Mat Latos who cannot figure it out this season.
4. David Price vs. LAA – The Angels are cold, Ervin Santana is doing terrible, and the Rays are hitting the ball at a high level. The Price is right.
*A QS or ND = Win.
*A Loss or Bad Start = A loss.
4. Vance Worley @ AZ – The D’Backs offense is starting to pick it up again, and that is not good news for Worley. However Worley is coming off of his best start with 11 Ks in 7 INN, along with facing Josh Collmenter who will make any MLB hitter look like a star.
5. Josh Johnson @ NYM – The Mets are Ice Cold, and that can only mean it is time for Johnson to get his season going in the right direction. The start against Santana is not easy, but the Mets offense should be.
6. Adam Wainwright @ CHC – The Cubs offense is cold, and Wainwright sits with an ERA north of 11.00. If he does not pitch a good game here, then it is time to worry as this matchup is about as easy as it will get.
7. Mat Latos vs. SF – The Giants are not a hot hitting team outside of Posey and Sandoval. But that is enough to make Latos a less than safe start with his ERA above 7.00. He also faces Matt Cain which will make it hard to get a win.
8. Gavin Floyd @ Oak – Floyd should be able to dominate an A’s team that has no hot hitters outside of Yoenis. If he can keep Yoenis on lockdown, then Floyd should pull out the W.
9. Johan Santana vs. Mia – I do not expect run support, but Santana can keep this game close by himself. The Mets offense is cold.
10. Clayton Richard vs. Was – The Nationals are not so hot right now. I do not expect Richard to outduel Gio Gonzalez, but I do expect him to keep this game closer than a lot of people are hoping for.
11. Mike Minor @ LAD – Minor is pitching well, but that front 4 of the dodgers lineup is hitting the ball even better. Should be a good matchup, I expect the ND.
12. Jamie Moyer @ Pit – The Pirate are not a hot team, but I do not trust Jamie Moyer in any start.
13. Henderson Alvarez @ Bal – Alvarez does not have a K pitch, and the Orioles are a team that you can only beat by striking them out. I do not like his chances.
14. Kevin Correia vs. Col – If his ERA was not at 1.50, he would be lower on this list. This is his true test against a Rockies team he should be able to beat. However Tulo and Cuddyer are feeling it.
15. Tom Milone vs. CWS – The White Sox offense is starting to heat up, but luckily Milone should be able to limit Adam Dunn, being a lefty pitcher.
16. Jason Vargas @ Det – Vargas is a great pitcher, but facing a heating up Tigers team is not a good formula. He could stifle them completely, but it is possible he just does not get it going on.
17. Aaron Harang vs. Atl – The Braves offense has enough fire power right now with Uggla, Freeman, and Hayward to create enough problems for Harang.
18. Randy Wolf vs. Hou – The Astros are hot, Randy Wolf is not. Not a good formula to get the W.
19. Josh Collmeneter vs. Phi – Collmenter is one of the worst pitchers on a MLB roster. Tonight he faces a cold, bad, no hot hitting outside of maybe Victorino team. If he does not do well in this one, the Trevor Bauer chants will be coming quicker.
20. Hiroki Kuroda @ Tex – Texas is swinging hot bats, and Kuroda is coming off a terrible performance. I will pass on him for now.
21. Jonathan Sanchez @ Cle – Sanchez is not pitching well, but we all know he is capable of either a 10 K game, or a 6 ER game. If I had to pick a sleeper one for tonight, it would be the 10 K game.
22. Derek Lowe vs. KC – Lowe was looking great, and then I picked him as a sleeper. The Royals offense is starting to heat up, and I would avoid him in this spot start.
23. Jeff Samardzjia vs. Stl – If Jeff can steal this win against the Cardinals, my respect for him as a fantasy pitcher will grow. However if Adam Wainwright gets bombed like he has been, then it should be pretty easy.
24. Yu Darvish vs. NYY – Darvish against the Yankees does not sound like a matchup I would want to use him in. Just about all the Yankees are hitting the ball at an extremely high rate, and I would not be surprised to see them keep it going.
25. Ervin Santana @ TB – Santana is having a very rough start to the season, and to make matters worst he now faces a hot TB offense and David Price.
*A Loss for the SP=a win for my record.
*A Win for the SP= a loss for my record.
*IF NO WIN/LOSS=QS is a Loss for my record. Bad Start is a Win for my record.
26. Tommy Hunter vs. Tor – Hunter sucks, and the Blue Jays are hitting the ball well. Not a good combo for the fat man.
27. Nick Blackburn vs. Bos – Blackburn has an ERA over 5.00, and the Red Sox are desperate for wins. Not a good combo.