FANTASY BASEBALL: Daily Pitcher Rankings (April 19th)
Don’t Forget to check the Weekly Articles:
A terrible day picking locks going 0/3. On top of that I am on a terrible losing streak with my closers and my sleeper lets me down for the second time this week.
The good news is my start’em’s are rock solid, and Hanley Ramirez my HR pick went deep. I am due for good things.
Don’t forget to check out the all the great articles Beast Dome is offering this Sunday.
Feel free to ask questions at the bottom of every article, and if you want to talk Fantasy Sports 24/7 Join THE BEAST DOME NATION & FREE CHAT.
(All Records are for the week)
HR PICK OF THE DAY: (1-2) 1-12, 1 HR, 2 RBIs, 6 Ks
Curtis Granderson vs. Min
Sleeper of the Day: (1-2) 17.1 INN. 10 ER. 5 K
*A QS or W= Win
*A Bad Start or Loss= Loss
Phil Hughes vs. Min – If Hughes does not win this game, then the Twins will officially have beat the Yankees in a series. In New York. I will take my chances.
Guess That Save of the Day: (0-3)
Longest Streak= 3W. Current Streak= 6L.
Jonathan Papelbon @ SD
*Anything but a Win, is a loss for my record.
1. Felix Hernandez vs. Cle – Hernandez cannot buy a win, but he is pitching well enough where he deserves to get them. Hopefully his Mariners give him some run support against Josh Tomlin.
2. C.J. Wilson vs. Oak – C.J. is one of the few bright spots on the Angels this season, I expect him to get the W when it is all said and done.
*A QS or W= Win
*A Bad Start or Loss= Loss
3. Vance Worley @ SD – They Worley man should dominate a Padres team that really is no threat. Chase Headley and Nick Hundley are heating up, but Worley should be able to quiet them down.
4. Edwin Jackson vs. Hou – Edwin is coming off of his best start in sometime, and the Astros still cannot hit the ball. As long as he gets some run support this should be an easy one.
*A QS or ND = Win.
*A Loss or Bad Start = A loss.
5. Ricky Nolasco vs. CHC – The Marlins are hot, Nolasco just has to last 5 INN and he should get the W.
6. Mike Minor @ AZ – Minor showed some promise in his last start, and the D-Backs offense without Chris Young is not the same. Justin Upton is still searching for RBI #1.
7. Adam Wainwright vs. Cin – Wainwright is one of the biggest busts so far this season. A good start against the Reds will have him trending in the right direction.
8. Henderson Alvarez vs. TB – Alvarez is pitching well this season, and this is a big matchup where if he wins. You should probably add him.
9. Jason Hamel @ CWS – Hamel is the ace for the Orioles right now on a pitching staff that is doing very well. The Sox do not have many hot bats outside of Pierzynski and De Aza, so Hamel should be fine.
10. Tom Milone @ LAA – If Milone beats this poor Angels team, then everyone will know this guy in the fantasy baseball world. The Angels are slumping big time.
11. Yu Darvish @ Det – Darvish has been knocked around in nearly every start, and this matchup against the Tigers in Detroit is not an easy one. If he can last 5 INN, then a W is in store.
12. Jeremy Hellickson @ Tor – J Hell is pitching well after a bad Spring. This is a tough matchup against the Jays and if he does well, then you should start him with confidence.
13. Gavin Floyd vs. Bal – Floyd is not consistent, and Hamel has been pitching well for Baltimore. This is not a safe start, but a win is definitely not out of the question.
14. Bud Norris @ Was – Norris should be able to get the QS, but it is not likely that he gets the run support against Edwin Jackson.
15. Randy Wolf vs. LAD – Wolf is due for some early season success like he usually does. This is the matchup to bank on.
16. Bronson Arroyo @ Stl – Arroyo is sporting the ERA, but can he cool down this hot Cardinals team in St. Louis? I would not bet money on it.
17. Aaron Harang @ Mil – I do not expect Harang to pull out the W in this one, but then again we have seen crazier.
18. Jeff Samardzjia @ Mia – The Marlins are too hot of a team to trust a not trustworthy pitcher. This is more like 25/75 than 50/50.
19. Josh Collmenter vs. Atl – Braves offense is heating up, and Collmenter is not a good pitcher to begin with. Extremely risky start here.
*A Loss for the SP=a win for my record.
*A Win for the SP= a loss for my record.
*IF NO WIN/LOSS=QS is a Loss for my record. Bad Start is a Win for my record.
20. Joe Wieland vs. Phi – If you start Joe and get the W, then you know what you are doing. Or you are extremely lucky..
21. Josh Tomlin @ Sea – Matchup against King Felix is deadly to Tomlin.
22. Anthony Swarzak @ NYY – The Yankees will win this game to get their fan base any chance of some early season doubting.
23. Adam Wilk vs. Tex – Texas is too hot right now to trust any pitcher against them.