FANTASY BASEBALL: Daily Pitcher Rankings (April 17th)
Don’t Forget to check the Weekly Articles:
After being a terrible (4-10) in locks last week. I start the week out at 3-0. Things are looking good.
Don’t forget to check out the all the great articles Beast Dome is offering this Sunday.
Feel free to ask questions at the bottom of every article, and if you want to talk Fantasy Sports 24/7 Join THE BEAST DOME NATION & FREE CHAT.
(All Records are for the week)
HR PICK OF THE DAY: (0-1) 0-5, 3Ks
Edwin Encarnacion vs. TB
Sleeper of the Day: (0-1) 7 INN. 6 ER. 1 K
*A QS or W= Win
*A Bad Start or Loss= Loss
Drew Smyly @ KC – Drew was good enough in his 1st start against TB to the point where I will say he has a good chance of beating the Royals. If the Tigers offense does what they are capable of off of Bruce Chen, then run support should not be an issue.
Guess That Save of the Day:
Longest Streak= 3W. Current Streak= 4L.
Jon Axford vs. LAD- Gets the kiss of death to snap my 4 game losing streak,
*Anything but a Win, is a loss for my record.
1. Ian Kennedy vs. Pit – This matchup is too good on paper for the (2-0) Ian Kennedy.
2. Dan Haren vs. Oak – Haren should finally get win #1 against Tyson Ross and the terrible A’s offense.
*A QS or W= Win
*A Bad Start or Loss= Loss
3. Gio Gonzalez vs. Hou- Gio looks to have his dominant stuff back after a great start against the Cubs. The Astros only have one hot bat in J.D. Martinez who should be no match for Gio.
4. CC Sabathia vs. Min – CC has been shaky so far this season, but a good matchup against the Twins should cure his season and give win #1.
5. Madison Bumgarner vs. Phi – The Phillies have a poor offense, and the Giants should be able to score runs off of Joe Blanton. All this translates for win #2 for Bumgarner.
6. Yovani Gallardo @ LAD – Gallardo should be able to mow down the back of the Dodgers lineup, the only thing to worry about is that front 4 along with Chad Billingsley continuing his hot season.
7. Johan Santana @ Atl – Johan has looked dominant this season with an ERA under 1.00. The Mets are playing their best ball that they will play all season, and he goes up against a rookie starter.
8. Kyle Lohse vs. Cin – Lohse could be the hottest pitcher in baseball right now. Cincy is in for a tough game.
*A QS or ND = Win.
*A Loss or Bad Start = A loss.
9. Justin Masterson @ Sea – Masterson has a nice matchup, but the question is. What Justin Masterson are we going to see? I have a feeling it will be the 10 K, 1 ER version and he gets the W.
10. Chad Billingsley @ Mil – Billingsley is right up there with the best pitchers so far this season. It probably will not last all season, but you should ride him out while he is hot.
11. Jon Lester @ Tex – Lester has done everything this season to show he is matchup proof. One more QS against the Rangers, and I will put him in the start’em column until he proves me otherwise.
12. Ricky Romero vs. TB – Romero bounced back with a huge start against Boston holding them to 1 ER in 8+ INN. TB is an easier matchup, and I expect Romero to be fine. Just playing it safe by keeping it at 50/50 to make sure he is locked and loaded.
13. Wandy Rodriguez @ Was – Wandy is usually wild an inefficient, but this season he has proved otherwise. He has another good matchup against Washington, and if he holds true then he will be looked at as a safer option than he was in the pass.
14. Ryan Dempster @ Mia – Nothing like facing your old team, and Dempster will do just that against a Miami offense that is starting to get some rhythm thanks to Hanley Ramirez. Not an easy start, but a start where Dempster should be quality.
15. Josh Johnson vs. CHC – If anyone is due to bounce back after a slow start, Josh Johnson is that guy. He gets a matchup that is very winnable against the Cubs and he should not let his owners down in this one. There is a 50/50 chance he continues to struggle.
16. Colby Lewis @ Bos – Lewis has looked like an Ace for Texas so far this season, but in Boston he is not a safe start. You can roll the dice and hope for the run support, but facing Jon Lester is not going to be easy.
17. Wei Chen @ CWS – Chen has been a decent surprise so far for the O’s and he has a good chance of beating the White Sox as John Danks always has the chance for a terrible start. It helps that the O’s are carrying a red hot offense into the game.
18. Johnny Cueto @ Stl – Cueto will not get Ks, and run support will be tough to find against this great STL team. Right now you can hope for a QS more than anything as Kyle Lohse will look to have his A game.
19. Jeff Karstens @ AZ – Karstens will not get the run support against Ian Kennedy that he will probably need to win this game. A QS could still easily happen.
20. Kevin Millwood vs. Cle – Millwood surprised the fantasy baseball world by holding the Rangers to 1 ER in 7 INN with 7 Ks. I do not expect a repeat performance, but the Indians are an easier matchup.
21. Randall Delgado vs. NYM – Delgado has a nice matchup, but it is coming at the wrong time. The Mets are the surprise team in baseball, and now is a bad time for Delgado to be facing them.
22. John Danks vs. Bal – Danks could win this game, but he is never a pitcher that offers “consistency.” The Orioles have some hot bats.
23. Anthony Bass @ Col – The Rockies without CarGo are not a threatening team. Bass could surprise us all and has a nice matchup against Jamie Moyer.
24. Joe Blanton @ SF – This game is actually winnable for Blanton, but he is going to have to be perfect as the Phillies will not likely score many runs to help Joe out.
*A Loss for the SP=a win for my record.
*A Win for the SP= a loss for my record.
*IF NO WIN/LOSS=QS is a Loss for my record. Bad Start is a Win for my record.
25. Tyson Ross @ LAA – I do not like Ross against Haren in LA. The Angels offense is starting to heat up as well.
26. Bruce Chen vs. Det – Chen is looking good this season after a slow Spring start. Detroit should be able to give him problems, but Chen could surprise us all.
27. Francisco Liriano @ NYY – Liriano has started the season off on the wrong foot, and although he pitches twice this week, going up against CC in NY is not a good matchup.
28. Jeff Niemann @ Tor – Going up against Ricky Romero is trouble. I would stay away from Neimann.
29. Jamie Moyer vs. SD – I’ll put $100 on Moyer does not end the season in the majors.