FANTASY BASKETBALL (Week 18)
THE FINAL COUNTDOWN (WAIVER WIRE)
Four more days. This is what separates men from rookies. If you are still in the championship, post your team below and your matchup. I will give you my analysis.
LET’S WIN THAT CHAMPIONSHIP!
To Talk Fantasy Basketball 24/7 during this crucial championship run, Join the BEAST DOME NATION which gives you access to the community chat room all for free. Ask for lineup advice, help each other out, and read my updates before #GAMETIME
BEAST DOME: PLAYOFF FANTASY BASKETBALL MVP CANDIDATES.
*In order to be thee PLAYOFF FANTASY BASKETBALL MVP the “Player” must be someone that was not drafted in a majority of leagues to start the season.
1. Goran Dragic
2. J.J. Barea
3. Klay Thompson
4. Jordan Crawford
5. Glen Davis
6. Isaiah Thomas
7. J.J. Hickson
8. Tristan Thompson
9. Gordon Hayward
10. Gerald Henderson
Sleepers: Greivis Vasquez, Brandon Rush, Kemba Walker, Kevin Seraphin,
(This is the leaderboard now. It will change at the end of each week)
WAIVER WIRE FOR WEEK CHAMPIONSHIP
THE KEY TO WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP IN DAILY LEAGUES IS TO KEEP ROTATING PLAYERS WITH WAIVER WIRE OPTIONS DAILY.
MAX OUT AS MANY GAMES AS YOU CAN FROM THE WIRE AND DROP PLAYERS WHO ARE GOING TO MISS A GAME. IT IS TOO CRUCIAL TO LEAVE A GUY INJURED ON YOUR BENCH WHEN YOU CAN HAVE A GAME PLAYED.
ALL-MONDAY SLEEPER WAIVER WIRE TEAM
Jordan Crawford vs. Cha
Kemba Walker @ Was
Kevin Seraphin vs. Cha
George Hill vs. Det
James Johnson @ Mil
Brandon Knight @ Ind
Sundiata Gaines vs. Phi
Tristan Thompson @ Mem
ALL-TUESDAY SLEEPER WAIVER WIRE TEAM
Greivis Vasquez vs. GS
Shannon Brown @ Uta
Isaiah Thomas @ OKC
Avery Bradley vs. Mia
Brandon Rush @ NO
Carl Landry vs. GS
Udonis Haslem @ Bos
ALL-WEDNESDAY SLEEPER WAIVER WIRE TEAM
Glen Davis vs. Cha
Jameer Nelson vs. Cha
Jordan Crawford @ Cle
Gerald Henderson @ Orl
Shannon Brown vs. SA
Jason Richardson vs. Cha
Kenneth Faried @ OKC
Kevin Seraphin @ Cle
Tristan Thompson vs. Was
George Hill vs. Chi
ALL-THURSDAY SLEEPER WAIVER WIRE TEAM
26 Teams play that night. You should have a full lineup with max potential.
IF YOU ARE IN A WEEKLY LEAGUE HERE ARE YOUR FA GUYS TO ADD
(NOTES ARE FROM LAST WEEK)
KYRIE IRVING: In case you have been living under a rock like a Geico caveman, Kyrie is back and he is taking 20+ FG attempts a game. The Cavs have three games left, he should give you that 4th round value for all 3 games.
1. Klay Thompson: Is all systems go to close out the season. With no more David Lee, he becomes the #1 scorer in this offense. It also benefits Thompson that Brandon Rush now fills in for David Lee which allows Thompson to run with a lot more freedom and a lot less competition. He could be rookie of the year.
2. Jordan Crawford: Crawford is back on his game. Expect him to do all he can to make a late push for PFBMVP. The category listed above this article.
3. Jameer Nelson: Jameer is going to have to be the leader of the Magic if they have any chance of looking strong going into the playoffs. He has no competition for PT, and he will hit 3PTM and rack up assists. Now is a good time to trust him if you need to with no D12 demanding his touches.
4. Devin Harris: Harris is the PG for the Jazz, and he is the only way they will make the playoffs. He is playing the best basketball all season right now where he makes 20 Points a game with confidence. Now is the time where he can finally put that 6th round value to use.
5. Gerald Henderson: Mr. 19+ FG attempts is the #1 option on the team. He should be added in all leagues with having three games.
6. Greivis Vasquez: Vasquez is handling the point now with no competition for PT. He is getting 30+ Minutes a game and is putting up solid numbers across the board. He is the closest thing to a Goran Dragic outbreak.
7. Jeff Teague: Teague has been MR. Energy for the Hawks, and you can count on him to put up solid production in the final week. Excuse that 14 minute foul trouble blowout, and expect those assists/steals/blocks to keep coming from the Guard spot.
8. Kemba Walker: D.J. Augustin has ruined the parade for Kemba to be a breakout player with no competition. Still there is hope that the Bobcats go Kemba heavy to close out the season, he has the potential for 20+ FG attempts a game.
9. Brandon Knight: Knight is playing the best basketball he has all-season. The Pistons have been giving him a lot of PT all year and now he is back to scoring 20+ Points with intangibles. Going into Sunday he has accomplished the feat twice in a row, and his assists are easily at 5+ a game with 3PTM.
10. Shannon Brown: Brown is a great option when Grant Hill is out. If Grant Hill continues to sit, then you could get two huge games from Brown.
11. J.J. Barea: Only 1 game for Barea this week. Should be a good one now that Ridnour is out, but still you should go with someone with more games.
12. Jason Richardson: J-Rich is having his last chance of being the go-to-guy for the Magic with no D12. Richardson is guarnteed 10+ FG attempts, and when he gets going you should see 17 Points, with 3 3PTM a game and intangibles.
13. J.J. Redick: J.J. is looking solid in his role as the teams starting SG. He will take about 10+ FG attempts a game, and has the potential for a handful of 3PTM. He does not do much outside of that.
1. J.J. Hickson: J.J. has the world in front of him as he is the only big man that has any skill with the Blazers. LaMarcus Aldridge being declared out for the season was a blessing in disguise for all of those J.J. Hickson owners. Double-Doubles are expected every night going forward.
2. Dorrel Wright: Wright has been a bust all-season, and now gets one last chance to be a fantasy hero during the championship. Wright will get his minutes now that Brandon Rush is filling in for David Lee more than him.
3. Brandon Rush: Rush has a great situation in front of him now that David Lee is out for the season. Rush will get points, he will rack up 3PTM, and surprisingly get you blocks. Now would be a good time to go with BRush as 30+ Minutes should come nearly guaranteed going forward.
4. Danilo Gallinari: Wilson Chandler may be back Sunday which could put a small halt on Gallo’s consistency. But so far as a starter, Gallo has been nothing but consistent for his fantasy owners. A player that you can still trust for 15 Points or more going into the championship week.
5. Zach Randolph: Z-B0 was a double-double machine for the pass week and a half. The streak ended in his last game, and it will be vital Z-Bo has a big Sunday if you want to start him with confidence. Ether way Z-Bo should be owned with all of his potential
1. Glen Davis: With Dwight Howard out for the season, Glen Davis will probably be the most consistent fantasy option on the team. Double-doubles will be expected every night, and the only concern that remains with him is if Dwight Howard changes his mind and comes back earlier.
2. Bismack Biyombo: Biyombo monster is getting his 30+ Minutes consistently. He is also getting double-double type production more consistently. Could this be a Bismack Biyombo championship run right now? He has 7 more games to show what he’s got.
3. Byron Mullens: Byron is back getting the 30+ Minutes we once saw. He is a nice choice to be a deep sleeper and get back to those 20 Point, 10 Rebound games.
4. Tristan Thompson: Thompson still has to worry about Anderson Varejao who keeps getting his return date pushed back. Thompson has been a bit more consistent than he was a week ago, and if he starts the rest of the way he could be a huge sleeper for the championship week in daily leagues.
5. Kevin Seraphin: Seraphin has been great replacing Booker and Nene. When both return, you should not expect the same consistency as those rebounds and minutes will decrease significantly. But until they are gone, you can continue to start him in daily leagues.
6. Anthony Randolph: Randolph has fantasy freak potential. The question for him remains consistency, and the consistency is on Rick Adleman and how many minutes he plays him. Continue to start Randolph in daily leagues until he hits a wall, weekly league owners can take the risk if they need to.
7. Marcus Camby: The Cambyman is playing the best basketball he has played all season. 10+ Rebounds comes consistently, he is blocking shots, he is getting steals. Camby is a great player to own in all leagues as he is a true difference-maker.
FANTASY BASKETBALL FINAL COUNTDOWN
*Join the CHAT to talk to Muntradamus and the rest of the BEAST DOME NATION.
For Start’EM/Sit’EM, post a question in the comments and I will respond.
It has been a great season helping all of you out, please ask me all questions you have so I can give you the best advice to win the championship.